Status: Dismantled - Destroyed by fire
Owner: J. Power
Construction: Carvel pitch pine on oak.
Hull at East Cowes
Built 1897 by Liquid Fuel Engineering Co. Ltd. at East Cowes
LOA: 35' 0", Beam: 6' 9",
White, 12 knots.
Locomotive type Built 1989 by H.A. McEwen (Boiler Repairs) Ltd. at Keighley
Fuel: Coal, Pressure: 200 psi, Grate area: 4 sqft, Heating area: 80 sqft,
No.89.03.20. Side fired, shell 2' 4" dia x 4' 3" long,
3 blades, 27" X 36"
Shaft: 1 1/2" Stainless Steel
Built for Capt. R.T. Dixon, Hythe, Hants. As KARIAT, 1901 to E.L.Walker, Christchurch, 1930 to Harold L. Phillips, Shoreham, 1932 to Suter Bros, Shoreham. 1953 found derelict by Maxwell Savage at Itchenor, named SYLVIA, restored with fore & aft cabins and renamed PUFFIN, later owned by SBA members R.C.U. Corbett & A.P. Cazelet. 1959 owned by syndicate including A.W.Smith of Malvern, Worcs. Acquired 1985 by Derrick & Janet Mills, restored to original style, name reverted to original. SSR 96877. Acquired 1997 by Sir Dennis Faulkner (SBA member)" and shipped to Northern Ireland. Acquired 2003 by present owner and moved to Cowes.