Owner: The Shamrock Trust
Construction: Carvel teak on elm and oak.
Built 1906 by Neil Shepherd at Bowness
LOA: 45' 11", Beam: 8' 0",
Varnished, cruiser stern, aft saloon, clerestory roof, wheel steering.
Locomotive type Built 1927 by Yorkshire Engine Co. Ltd. at Sheffield
Fuel: Coal, Pressure: 125 psi, Grate area: 3 sqft,
22" dia X 68" long Steel drum(s). 32 X 1.25" dia Steel tubes. Riveted Steel construction,
non-condensing, Windermere kettle, whistle,
Ex Ravenglass &.Eskdale Railway loco RIVER IRT shortened and altered to side firing by R Mallinson. 2 injectors blower.
Bronze, 3 blades, Left Hand, 27" X 40"
Built by Shepherds of Bowness 1906. Originally fitted with a Sisson Triple. Owned by W. Birtwistle until 1929, C. Ashley 1930-4. Converted to motor 1948, used by Bowness Bay Boating Co. for tripping. Acquired, derelict Nov 1976, restored and new plant fitted by Roger Mallinson 1978-9. Engine built in 2001 by Roger Mallinson. The boiler came from the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway River Irt, and was shortened and converted to side firing. After Shamrock was badly damaged in the floods of 2009, The Shamrock Trust was formed to raise funds for repairs. She was again damaged in the floods of 2015, and repaired under insurance. She is formally owned by the Trust, but continues to operate under the management of Roger Mallinson.